Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Diy. Tiny photo memories


This is possibly the coolest DIY project I've made this year. I decided to make little photo earrings, a keychain and a necklace. True, the necklace is still waiting to be finished, but the earrings and the keychain are done and turned out great!

Here's how it's done (note that the process is pretty much the same both with the kaychain and the earrings).
You'll need:
- your favourite memories/places caught on film; I went with this year's summer vacation photos with my man
- scissors
- resin, hardener; I love the one from Little Windows - brilliant resin
- mixing cup, mixing wand
- doming tray
- super glue
- mechanical/ hand drill
- earring base and/or key chain base

Now, since the process is best shown not told, here's a youtube video of Little Windows doming technique. Just follow the instructions, you can't mess up.







No comments:

Post a Comment